This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back to the Country


Having just found out, accidentally, about The Fabulous Beekman Boys, I am , once again, as I sit here listening to the sound of the sirens, of the ambulances stuck in traffic , longing to live in the Country.
Back in the country where we were born .
Unless I wake up speaking French due to that tiny bump on the head I got when looking under the bed this morning ... if that happens ... I am moving to Paris or maybe the French countryside. Mon dieu !!
I feel that it is important that I also find a house similar to the home of the Beekman Boys. Perhaps not so large, but with character.
High ceilings that will accommodate our collection of chandeliers, claw- foot bathtubs and fireplaces everywhere would be nice.
Views and no neighbors making any sort of noise is very important.
I will garden and become that old woman up on the hill with all the dogs and cats.
And maybe even a chicken or two.
Of course, all of this is after we have gotten our fill of driving around again ( we have not driven a car in 4 years now) and exploring the area and doing all the antiquing and flea marketing and concerts in summer and apple picking in fall... not to mention hosting wonderful family get-togethers in winter over the holidays.
Why, I might become that wonderful grandmother out in the country that children love to spend time with !
Yes, this is a good goal. Pup would be beside himself with his own cat and maybe a chicken to harass now and then.
Next I have to think of a good name for the house..

3 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

And I wish to be your next door neighbor, an acre or two away just to give you due privacy. Are these 2 gents just so dashing? What a grand life, I'm severely jealous. I think more and more the country life would be quite grand; especially in Paris or Italy, no?

We gals can dream, can't we?!
xx Deb

Notes From ABroad said...

Oh honey, I can see me now ! Riding my bike into the village ( France maybe) to pick up some bread and cheese, having a gossip in the cafe with a neighbor .. never mind I cannot keep up a real conversation in French. Or Italian ..
I am sorry I cannot watch that show here, it looks like it would be very entertaining !
un beso ~

Cat said...

I am totally with you…I long for the sweet, easy pace of country life. My sister recently moved to Indiana and enjoys a few acres, chickens (fresh eggs daily!), and wide open spaces :) (I am jealous for sure!)