This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

So much for the urge to cook.


We took the dog for a walk and went past a place we used to get take-away each weekend. Until we just got sick of the stuff. It has been a long time since we had ..... Fresh Rigatoni with Spicy Putanesca , with a few Polenta Gnocchis with sauce on them too .. One serving will immediately make you go lie down and moan from Fullness and Contentment.


So .. The Husband ordered it all to be delivered tonight ... that took care of that Cooking urge ( if there was one lurking in there to begin with ) .
 I am sure Julia would understand.
Even she had to take a break sometimes and just have a pizza delivered or pasta putanesca. 
Really .
The Take Away business here is booming. 
I think it has Been Booming for some time .. especially for those who no longer have a full time maid who cooks. Or those who work full time themselves.
Or those who cooked for 30 years and decided one day that someone else can do the cooking from now on.
Or those who are new here and just trying their best to blend in with the locals.


Dessert will be Chocolate Bread Pudding that was made last night and keeps calling me every time I walk past the kitchen .. but I am strong .. 
I will wait until after dinner.. really .. that little taste earlier was just making sure it did well overnight in the fridge.


It did.



2 comments:

kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

chocolate bread pudding?! WHY have i never tried this?

kelly

Notes From ABroad said...

We, of the Chocolate Habit Club, manage to find ways to get our Chocolate in whatever form possible.. thus Nutella was born, along with Chocolate Bread Pudding etc.
I will post a recipe.
I never even use one anymore.
It is too easy, therefore comes with a Warning.