This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Book Fair


There is a huge book fair in our city. 
The Husband wants to go.
Only problem is , they are all in another language. One we don't really read .
I am sure it is colorful and interesting ..... for about 15 minutes. 
I just think I am setting myself up for 
more boredom.
But we will go,  maybe I will be surprised... let you know later... 




We went to the Book Fair.
We decided to walk. This has to be a many miles long walk. But the day is so beautiful,
it seemed like a good idea ... at the beginning.
Stopping for coffee and croissants helped.. but that last couple of blocks were the killers.
Especially when we saw what looked like one million people lined up to get in.
Tour buses outside .. having emptied out their passengers and waiting for them to run
amok in the book fair.
We stood there , maybe 5 minutes, then I grabbed that taxi that was sitting right there, as
if there is a God and he saw me and said, This woman needs a Taxi.... Thank you, God!


My next book buying spree will be online in the comfort of my room, with no shoes on and 
maybe even in my pajamas ... how do you like that ? 


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

As much as I love books, I understand. Completely. Perhaps because I worked in the Corporate Headquarters of a book retailer for 15 years, but I do sincerely understand. I still love books a lot---but now I check them out of the library!

Tricia Patricco said...

I'm thinking there are plenty of things my husband enjoys doing that I don't. When he does those, I either stay home or do something on my own that I enjoy.

It's healthy to have time apart. And while he's gone you can catch up on Facebook. ;)

Truly one of my biggest relationship mantras is that there are 3 categories of activities. Ones you both do together because you genuinely both enjoy them equally. Ones you do with your spouse (or they do with you) because it is important to them. And things you do alone or with your friends because your spouse would not enjoy the activity (ie chick flicks).

I think you can ask for a buy on skipping the spanish book fair.