This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Baking Time !

Although I don't have much of an appetite these days, I do still like something Sweet now and then.
Instead of buying those stale and overly crunchy sweets at the supermarket, I realized that while I have no interest in cooking, I do enjoy baking still.
There is something almost Zen-like about measuring and sifting and stirring and waiting .. with a sweet reward at the end and sometimes soothed nerves and a more quiet feeling.

Bread Puddings are my favorite easy to make, delicious treats that are fun because whatever is in the house can become an ingredient.
I have bread, chocolate chips and I have sugar and cinnamon.

So  here you have it ... 

 Bread Pudding with Chocolate Chips ..

4 cups bread, cubed or just torn up into small pieces
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 a bag of chocolate chips or as much as you like
 

 1- Place bread pieces  in a 1-1/2 qt casserole dish.
 2- Mix together  ingredients and pour over bread.
 3- Bake@ 350 for 40-45 minutes.
 Enjoy!




 

No comments: