- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Onion... finely sliced
- 1 Red chilli ... seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic.. . crushed
- 3 ½ oz Chorizo... finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 14 oz cherry tomatoes
- 7 oz roasted red and yellow peppers in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped coriander
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, chilli, garlic, chorizo and oregano.
Fry gently for about 5 minutes or until everything is soft, then add the tomatoes and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
If the sauce looks dry, add a tablespoon or two of water.
Season well and then make 4 hollows in the mixture.
Break an egg into each and cover the pan.
Cook for 4-5 minutes.
The dish will be ready when the egg whites are firm.
Serve immediately, garnished with the chopped coriander.
If you want to give the dish even more of a Mexican flavour, serve with warmed corn tortillas and some hot chilli sauce.
You can add other vegetables such as courgettes, garlic and kale, or extra red chilli if you prefer it really spicy.