This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Now don't make me beg........

The plumber had some lady call and tell me he will be here today. 
I said no, Thursday. 
Do you think he will show up? 
Do you think he will fix anything and leave and not come back, ever ?


I have a painter waiting. 
Do you think he gave up and left for an Around the World Tour ?
My luck, he is sitting on deck with a Martini right now.


Immigrations has told us to call them in 2 weeks regarding our final stamp in our books.
We will have to ask a friend/neighbor to make the call. If we try , we will be lost in Limbo
forever, wondering what was that last thing she said before she hung up? 
Did she say , Yankee go home or was that something about Enjoy your new home?


I had a minor spree at the Pharmacy today.
I am suffering a shortage of things that make make your skin soft, without burning, itching or peeling.
Something that will smell good but won't leave a rash.


I have a collection of bottles and jars in the cupboard , waiting for someone whose skin likes some of the things I have gotten here in hopes of replacing all those goodies I used to buy in the US.
I will resort to telling family and friends who visit to make a stop at the pharmacy before getting on the plane, I need Stuff !
Today I found a face cream that might not do Things to my skin.
I found a moisturizer for my body, let's hope that works out  and thankfully, they sell Colgate tooth paste.. I don't want to start learning to like a new toothpaste.. that is just too much to expect. 
Or I will start begging the visitors to bring me lotions and potions and creams and a  stick of Roc lip balm. Yes, you heard it right, the smallest little thing that makes such a big difference. They sell Roc here, but so far, the lip balm is hiding.
My lips get dry in the winter... Roc fixes that.
At night I am using Roses lip balm .. but if I go out in public, my husband thinks my lips look a bit on the 'greasy ' side .. like maybe I just finished gnawing on a bone or something ? sigh ... things used to be so easy, without thought.. now I plan a trip to the pharmacy like an expedition to Mars.
I bet Mars has great lip balms.. it is hot there.. sunblock too
So now I will go look online and see what I can have sent to a friend who will visit and is willing to be my mule. I hope they offer to do it , if I drop enough hints.. I hope they don't make me beg.


all photos all posters. com





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the interminable wait for the plumber continues................