This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Behind the Times

The Blue Tree NY

My goodness, what expensive junky looking stuff !
Now I like New York City boutiques and I love going down to Soho and buying something that I cannot live without.
I wear anniversary gifts bought in Soho boutiques, I wear summer outfits bought in Soho boutiques and I like to eat in Soho restaurants, bistros and cafes.

But really, even I .. the one who will find all kinds of reasons why I cannot live without a piece of jewelry, cannot see paying the asking price for just about anything in this place .

Is it because the owner is an actress, married to an actor ? Does that make things more valuable ? Does that make shoppers wanna have it ?

I guess I have grown out of this phase in Shopping Life .. I buy things for their look or value to me or for some kind of specialness that the object / clothing/ car ... brings to me .. but I also know when junk is junk.

And not to look like I am picking on this person and her shop ...

Lisa Rinna, plastic surgery addict, married to a movie star ,  cute shop but have you seen her face ??
I guess if Lisa Rinna can sell clothes, then this boy ( Tony Alva)  can sell clothes... at least he can skate board.
Venus Williams is into Interior Design ?  OK.
Jessica Alba sells baby clothes .. okay, at least she has baby experience 

It isn't enough that you can afford to buy a small country, you have to be a shop owner too.
And here I thought I would go volunteer at the Equestrian Advocates where people donate time and money to saving , housing and caring for horses.
I must be so behind the times.

No comments: