This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Too Perfect



Sometimes I see rooms that have been decorated and photographed  and all I can think is ,
 How stiff, how too perfect, how .... matchy matchy everything is.
I am sure they are lovely, but what if you only had one candlestick ? 
what would you do ?
Why is everything in sets of two ? What if you had three ??
Where is that chair or cushion that invites you to flop down and rest ?
Do you actually wish you were there ?
I do .... but only to muss things up a bit.


My favourite tip from a well-known Interior designer  was ...  Relax. 
Put what you want, where you want it and enjoy it. 
It is not a museum exhibit, it is your Home.

No comments: