This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dead Things

Maybe it is just me but I have to get this off my chest.
I like looking at home decor and design blogs.
In fact, I love them, I find myself browsing on-line home magazines and blogs for hours at a time, all the time.
I have my own tastes and I appreciate the fact that other people have similar or wildly different tastes.


But the one thing I cannot stand, I cannot understand and hate to see, is this use of dead things in photos of rooms that people live in.
What is the beauty of a dead animal head on the wall ?
What is the charm of a skull with horns ?
How much does it enhance the charm and warmth of your home to have animal skins and bones lying around ?


I know it was a  fad.
I know designers everywhere jumped on it, but don't they know it has gotten Old now ?
Has no one mentioned that covering your walls with skulls and  horns is not a good look? ( never was but when did that stop some people ?)


I remember way back when I was a kid, people went to Africa and brought back skins.
Put them on walls or floors.
Big Man on Safari attitude.
Thankfully that trend passed, along with it being legal to hunt those poor creatures.


Now you can just get your decorator to rustle up a couple of skulls and a zebra skin and never leave the house !
But the Look remains the same, Dead things on your walls. Dead things on the floor.


This is not the Karma I am going for .

No comments: