This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hibernate

It is Summer and it is hot.
In the 90's each day and there are no clouds, the sky is brilliant blue and a person can get a sunburn just walking to the market and back ..
While one might imagine a cold, wet, Winter day as being perfect to stay in, all cozy and warm and reading a book ... Here, Summer days are when I hibernate with my books.
A hammock in the living room might be fun.
Most often, I read in bed .. in the evenings, when all is quiet and I won't have to stop reading for any reason, like dinner or taking a walk .. just let me have a few hours of quiet reading time.
But during the day is good too.
A cozy chair, a big soft sofa and a good book and everything is pretty much perfect.
It will cool off, in a few months , and we will be out in the parks again, walking here and there, window shopping, neighborhood exploring, cafe sitting with friends .
But for now, we are hibernating .. a good book on a hot day is all we need.

No comments: