This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Design Daydreams

I have been spending a lot of time going through design blogs and online magazines lately.
We are in the midst of a hot summer and I daydream of Other places and Other homes to decorate and enjoy.
These are a few images that have grabbed me for one reason or another.

Clean lines and no clutter and the light shade. Nothing fussy or contrived.
Except for those deer horns .. get over the antler phase already !

The light in the room, the shade over the table and those chairs .
The drama of it all.
Plus, I have those high ceilings and mouldings.
This would definitely work here.

A room full of books is beautiful, no matter the furnishings.

A view .. no other buildings in sight ... my dream these days.

Tucked into the woods ...

Tucked into a Tree ~


An old French window frame, now a Mirror in a home.

all images NYTimes.com

No comments: