This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

All About Toile



Now, everyone knows that I am a lover of Toile.
I would have it in all the windows of my home, the pillows and probably a bed would find itself covered with Toile.
I have some shades in blue and white, I have some pillows and a cover in red and white and I think my bathroom window needs a shade in black and white..

The Husband gets that Look in his eyes when I start musing over the pros and cons of Toile in the living room.
He can relax, I am veering toward the idea of silk now, watered silk .. yeah.

Imagine my delight when taking a walk one day, looking up at the charming homes and balconies in the area and there was a shade over a balcony.
Nothing unusual about that, it does get hot and sunny here ... but a Toile shade?
Outside on the balcony ?
I love this.
I love these people for thinking of it.
I have to move in with them.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Gorgeous!! I love the toile shade! I have to chairs covered in this pattern!!!

Notes From ABroad said...

My only question is, how much is too much Toile ? :)

Anonymous said...

IS there such a thing as "too much toile". To paraphrase a late U.S. Supreme Court Justice "I'll know it if and when I see it"! I simply love the idea of an awning of any kind. I have a small deck, but I know I would get so much more use out of it if I could have an awning for it and not "bake" at certain points during the day. **SIGH** Perhaps another year...
Bookie