This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Inspiration

My taste in houses has always run towards the Center Hall Colonial , grand house sort .. growing up in the South, there were those large old homes with beautiful stair cases , huge porches and many rooms.
My daydreams about houses never take into account the boring details like keeping them clean, cost of heating and cooling and generally kill-joy sorts of thoughts.
I have started to really appreciate the "Glass" houses, long low homes with nothing but views from every room.

Over time, I have started to appreciate smaller homes. Smaller to me is not huge, but at least 3 bedrooms, what really means something to me these days is views and privacy.
Give me a tiny house on maybe 10 acres and I will be content.
I am inspired by magazines and newspaper articles on homes, I wish I could go back to school and study design or at least, learn more about it.
Instead, maybe I will just move again and practice what I have learned while learning from those who do the work. You know, Arts and Crafts style homes are very appealing too ..

No comments: