This is where I get to say anything I feel like saying and you get to agree with me.
We will also share stories and chocolate if you have any.
Naps are also encouraged, if shopping is out of the question.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

It is Raining and I am Eating

That is it. That has been my weekend. It might be my Monday.
It is freezing cold but not enough to at least snow and be pretty. nooooo it is just windy and raining buckets and completely soaking any large dog that walks in it and makes his family have to spend hours after his walk, drying him off and brushing him. 
It is all finished just in time for him to go walk again. 
That kind of rain.


 So what do you do when it rains like that ... all day long ? 
I wanted to stay in bed, but didn't. ( that might have been my Big Mistake) 
So we had a couple of gallons of coffee then a medialuna ( imagine a croissant but smaller, more dense and soaked in honey... not terribly difficult to gobble down with a cup of coffee.)
Then check emails, then check blogs, then look at Design Blogs and spend a few hours walking around the apartment trying to figure out how you can make your home look just like the one in the photo on that blog.
Then check emails and glance at the Daily Mail ... a London tabloid online ... total trash and I can't kick the habit. 
If you have any questions about how tired Catherine Zeta Jones looks and how come her husband looks younger while she looks older, ask me, I got the answers .. and if you want to know what is up with Mel Gibson today, I found that out too. (shhhh .. "they" say the wife is going to take him to Australia with her)..


So armed with this world shattering news, I go on to the blogs that deal with the most important issues in the world as well as my day .. Recipe blogs.
I will just name a couple 


Tastespotting


Framed


Just these two blogs can keep you in recipes for the rest of your life and that of your next 4 generations.


After the recipe hunt, which resulted in many little pieces of paper with recipes scribbled all over them, god forbid I should hook up my printer , right here on the desk .. I wandered into the kitchen for tea.
And armed with my huge cuppa tea, I sat on the floor in front of the shelves that house my Recipe Books.
You are seeing the trend now, aren't you?


Thanks to my  .... Food & Wine Italian Cook Book....  I looked in the fridge, saw I had just what we needed and the end was ...


Mushroom Soup with Angel Hair Pasta ..   Rigatoni in a Spicy Creamy Tomato Sauce.
Ending with  Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding.


Thank goodness it doesn't rain like this often, I would come out of the house, clothes splitting at the seams, feet popping out of suddenly too tight boots and not being able to see them !
But as it is, the weather here is mostly wonderful with occasional reminders to appreciate the weather in Buenos Aires.


Now ... what would be good for a late night snack .....




all images all posters. com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually it sounds pretty nice, amiga! You sure know how to make the best of a rainy day and a wet poodle.

Notes From ABroad said...

Wet poodle wet noodle, everything is now related to food. Thank you, glad you liked it. un beso